Welcome back to Two Noobs Painting! A couple weeks back, I sort of hit a point where I felt totally overwhelmed by everything I still left to do. I had purchased a Battleforce on top of the AOBR models I already hadn’t finished, and my father got me some stuff for my birthday as well. On top of that, Warhammer 40k 6th Edition has come out, changed some rules and changed a little about the tactics I had learned, and added allies. This was quite a bit to take in, and I delved heavily into thinking about even more stuff I could get to add to my army in the form of Imperial Guard allied troops. I ended up watching Youtube videos about 6th edition, reading forums, or getting hooked on Netflix, all to avoid the massive amount of work still left. Continue reading
Welcome back to Two Noobs Painting! Some cover art was recently spoiled on a few different 40k forums, and this is supposedly the new cover art for the upcoming 6th Edition Rulebook. We’d like to take the opportunity to show anyone that hasn’t had a chance to see it yet. Keep in mind that this could very well be a fake, or even cover art for a different book they’re releasing soon. So, without further adieu: Continue reading
Put the rumors and speculation to rest! Games Workshop has officially announced the release date for Warhammer 40k: 6th Edition. This new edition is coming to a store near you on June 23, 2012. Here is a teaser video that GW released to their youtube page:
Exciting stuff, although Derek and I are just learning the rules for 5th edition! There has been a lot of speculation on rules changes and even a ruleset floating around the internet called “pancake”. Here are some of the more prevalent rumors and rules changes:
- The 6th Edition Starter set will be Space Marines (either vanilla or Dark Angels) vs Chaos Space Marines
- The first 6th Edition Codex will be Chaos Space Marines
- The 6th Edition Codex will be released alongside a special edition version
- There is a wave of new flyers coming to join the recently released Ork, Necron, and Space Marines. These include a Dark Eldar Bomber, Eldar Fighter, and Tau Fighter
- Close Combat Weapons get an AP (armor penetration) value
- Pre-measuring will be allowed
- Wound Allocation becomes wounds go closest model to shooting unit first
- There will be 1v1 HQ unit challenges similar to Warhammer Fantasy
- Vehicles will get hull points instead of Armor Value
- There will be a special set of Allies rules for team games, allowing different army types to join together.
This is just a short list, but you can find loads more by visiting any of the big forums like DakkaDakka or HeresyOnline. Derek and I are looking forward to getting our hands on the book when it’s released to review it and go over any of the big changes. As always, thanks for taking a look!