Welcome back to Two Noobs Painting! Some cover art was recently spoiled on a few different 40k forums, and this is supposedly the new cover art for the upcoming 6th Edition Rulebook. We’d like to take the opportunity to show anyone that hasn’t had a chance to see it yet. Keep in mind that this could very well be a fake, or even cover art for a different book they’re releasing soon. So, without further adieu: Continue reading
Put the rumors and speculation to rest! Games Workshop has officially announced the release date for Warhammer 40k: 6th Edition. This new edition is coming to a store near you on June 23, 2012. Here is a teaser video that GW released to their youtube page:
Exciting stuff, although Derek and I are just learning the rules for 5th edition! There has been a lot of speculation on rules changes and even a ruleset floating around the internet called “pancake”. Here are some of the more prevalent rumors and rules changes:
- The 6th Edition Starter set will be Space Marines (either vanilla or Dark Angels) vs Chaos Space Marines
- The first 6th Edition Codex will be Chaos Space Marines
- The 6th Edition Codex will be released alongside a special edition version
- There is a wave of new flyers coming to join the recently released Ork, Necron, and Space Marines. These include a Dark Eldar Bomber, Eldar Fighter, and Tau Fighter
- Close Combat Weapons get an AP (armor penetration) value
- Pre-measuring will be allowed
- Wound Allocation becomes wounds go closest model to shooting unit first
- There will be 1v1 HQ unit challenges similar to Warhammer Fantasy
- Vehicles will get hull points instead of Armor Value
- There will be a special set of Allies rules for team games, allowing different army types to join together.
This is just a short list, but you can find loads more by visiting any of the big forums like DakkaDakka or HeresyOnline. Derek and I are looking forward to getting our hands on the book when it’s released to review it and go over any of the big changes. As always, thanks for taking a look!